Image Annotation Solution?

Nov 11, 2008 at 2:14 PM
Just a couple comments.
FYI, I am a primarily a VB programmer, still using VS2005 and  dotNet 2.0

I've been looking for a way to add Annotations to TIF image files.

I would looking to have the DrawingBoard overlay another control that is viewing the image.
Be it a PictureBox or (in my case) another third party Imaging SDK control.

The Drawing board looks to be a step in that direction.
I played with making the vectShapes control tranparent using:

protected

override CreateParams CreateParams
{
get
{
CreateParams cp = base.CreateParams;
cp.ExStyle |= 0x00000020;
//WS_EX_TRANSPARENT
return cp;
}
}

Which works, but as expected, does not handle refreshing when drawing a rubberband for a shape, or when moving a shape.

Another requirement would be to have the shapes(annotations) associated with particular pages in a multipage tiff file.
I would plan on keeping the annotations in a separate file, the current serialization looks okay, as opposed to trying to store them in the TIF EXIF tags.

Making such changes in DrawingBoard exceeds my currently programming skill level.

Coordinator
Nov 16, 2008 at 3:03 PM
Hi Mikesa,

I think you kan import an image onto the drawing board, and then draw with vectors on top of that. Does that work or are you dependant on features on the other control?

You can enter your request into the issues. And then we can maybe ask acontoli how to do it and you can implement it, maybe aith a couple of other small features?

All the best!!!

Developer
Oct 25, 2010 at 11:36 PM

With the recent addition of more 'BackgroundImage' features, you could use an image in the background too, and draw on top of that.

Cheers!

frank